Tuesday 9 May 2017

Funny Poem


My housework suffered during the Annual.  Did yours, too?  Frankly, I'll use any excuse not to do that kind of thing!

I came across the poem below the other day and thought it was amusing, but true.  It comes to us from the Gator Rug Hooking Group in Sebastian, Florida.  They have a very nice website and blog which you can find by clicking here.

Ode to My Wife, the Hooker

By Cyvia Simmons

She learned to hook on Monday, her loops were going fine.She forgot to thaw our dinner, so we went out to dine. 

She hooked pretty daisies Tuesday, she said they were a must.
They really were quite lovely, but she forgot to dust. 

On Wednesday it was strawberries, she said the fingering’s were fun.
What highlights!  And what Shadows!  But the laundry wasn’t done. 

She hooked apples on a Thursday, so juicy, bright, and red.
I guess she really got engrossed for she forgot to make the bed. 

It was violets on Friday, in colors she adores.
It never bothered her at all that crumbs were on the floor. 

I hired a maid on Saturday, so my week was now complete.
My wife could hook for hours, yet the house would still be neat. 

Well, it’s already Sunday, and I’ve gone by the book.
I’ve cursed, I’ve raved, I’ve raged, my wife taught the maid to hook.
Oh Lord, one more project!


No comments:

Post a Comment